- 12-Jul-2013 to 10-Sep-2013 (PST)
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Profit sharing, Group Term Life, ADD, Voluntary Life, 401K, AFLAC.
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining software solutions within Omega Morgan's computing environment. The position is also responsible for working with various departments, managers, and users to identify problems and opportunities and designing and implementing solutions that meet user needs in a timely and accurate manner. Solutions will include new or modified reports, 3rd party solutions, configuration changes to existing systems and occasional help with hardware and other computer aspects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Learns and understands all Omega Morgan applications and serves as an in-house expert on these systems including SAP Business One and add-ons to this product.
2. Works with the user community and identifies and documents user requirements for new reports and functionality within the Omega Morgan set of systems.
3. Develops detailed system design specifications to serve as a guide for system/program development.
• Codes, tests, debugs, and documents complex programs, and enhances existing programs to ensure that data processing production systems continue to meet user needs.
• Identifies and resolves system operating problems in order to provide continuous business operations.
• Interfaces with user management regarding project status and user needs to promote an environment of user cooperation and satisfaction.
• Assists in scheduling, determining manpower requirements, and estimating costs to project completion in order to meet user requirements.
• Maintains strong technical skills and strong communications and people skills.
• Helps in managing projects in order to keep them on-time, within budget, and within scope.
• Works with outside providers including our managed services provider to assure that our systems remain stable and meet user requirements.
• May be responsible for the project management function for several concurrent projects of varying size and scope.
• Educates other Omega Morgan employees in understanding the implications of changes to existing systems or understanding how proposed systems will fit into on-going operations.
• Develops and delivers end-user training on application operation as needed.
• Explains technical topics to non-technical co-workers in an effective way.
• Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
• Respectfully takes direction from supervisor
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Information Technology, Math, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field required; or five or more years related experience and/or training with managing, analyzing, reporting on, and maintaining data and metadata for various databases and management tools including development of end-user tools and applications; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience supporting an ERP system, particularly SAP Business One and developing data driven applications for mobile devices preferred.
This is typically for an information technology position where the entire focus of the position is on computers or the networks on which computers communicate. Has advanced skills in working with hardware, software, support, and management of computer systems and can adapt extremely well to newer applications. Has advanced skills working with programming and networking computer software and systems including demonstrated proficiency with at least three of the following:
• Microsoft .NET.
• MS SQL Server DBMS and T-SQL.
• Crystal Reports.
• SharePoint administration and development.
• MS Internet Information Services.
• Database design and enhancement.
• Visual Basic for Applications and VB .NET.
• MS Office and integration of Office with other products.
• Strong WEB development stills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
IT industry certifications are preferred for this position.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings